Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More, more, MORE!

...from Ionia Hot Rods!





They flipped the frame and fabbed up the front wishbone mounts.  This will pull the mounts more toward the center.  One reason I wanted the "bones" this way is for a cleaner look.  Many times people mount the bones to the frame at the leading edge of the reveal.  While it's traditional and it works, I've never been a huge fan of the look.  Plus, pulling the ends of the bones in may improve the suspension characteristics but that's a whole different conversation. I'm a sucker for details too.  The rivets really make a rather simple modification look like it was done by the factory,

I'm excited to get the frame here and get the body on.  However, that moment is being postponed.  Originally it had been planned to be here around mid-May but Matt and I spoke and the frame is going to the L.A. Roadster show with the fellas and is going to sit in their booth.  I think that's pretty cool.  They're going to hand polish the frame and I'm sure it'll look stellar.  Like always, I'll keep the blog updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment